I’m following with interest British Track Cyclings new stars, of which there is a good few…
The following link gives a great summary of the up and coming young stars……
It’s particularly pleasing to see that Katie Archibald, a young scot who until recently was competing mainly in swimming, has taken to her bike and who has been propelled to the national stage as a result of her raw and newly discovered gift of speed.
Still learning the ropes, she is not a product of the British Cycling Academy and is a bit of a maverick new girl on the scene. She has now been accepted into the Academy, with a view to competing for a spot in Team GB for the next olympics.
Her raw talent however is speaking for itself……she first raced in a velodrome only 14 months ago, and has gone on to win a host of medals in international events.
- Sep 2012 British Junior Championships: gold in individual pursuit, silver in points race
- June 2013 British Road Race Championships: 15th in time trial
- Sep 2013 Belgian Open: silver in individual pursuit
- Sep 2013 British Championships: silver in madison, bronze in individual pursuit
- Oct 2013 European Cup: gold and new world record in team pursuit with Team GB
- Oct 2013 Scottish Championships: gold and new Scottish record in individual pursuit
One to watch indeed…..
As we might say in Scotland….”Nay bad for a swimmer…!”