Yeay!! Well done Graeme!
Graeme Obree has set a new world record for riding in the prone (face down) position, reaching the speed of 56.62mph (91km/h) in his home made bike, that he has named “Beastie”
Once again Graeme Obree has defied the conventional means of achieving things in favour of creating things from scratch in his own back yard. This time, he was competing in the World Human Speed Championships at Battle Mountain, Nevada.
The revolutionary aspects of thhe Beastie were the face down position of the human inside it, and the fact that Obree was not pedalling, but instead operating a couple of push-pull levers with his feet.
A superb achievement!
- Graeme Obree sets world record on Beastie bike (scotsman.com)
- AUDIO: Obree and Beastie set world record (bbc.co.uk)
- Flying Scotsman Graeme Obree clinches new world record on The Beastie (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Obree successful in breaking world prone speed record (velonation.com)
- Obree sets prone cycling record (bbc.co.uk)