Seen as a blow to the Sky Team for next year – there is speculation that Yates’s departure may have been hurried up because of his previous association with Lance Armstrong in the US Postal Team and later in Astana.
Yates and the team have both been at pains to play that possibility down and have confirmed that Yates’s departure is for purely personal reasons.
Other related links:-
- Sean Yates insists he is leaving Team Sky ‘with his head held high’ amid reports he admitted doping (telegraph.co.uk)
- Live Sport Reports: Yates quits Team Sky and cycling (walesonline.co.uk)
- National Sport: Yates quits Team Sky and cycling (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Yates leaves Team Sky and retires (bbc.co.uk)
- Yates quits Team Sky and retires (guardian.co.uk)
- Yates quits Team Sky (cyclingnews.com)
- Sean Yates’ fate proves Team Sky will show no mercy in doping cull (telegraph.co.uk)
- Personal reasons: Sports director Sean Yates insists he has done nothing wrong as he quits Team Sky (mirror.co.uk)
- Sean Yates quits as Team Sky cycling coach, say reports (guardian.co.uk)
- Sean Yates loses job at Team Sky as Dave Brailsford’s doping cull continues (telegraph.co.uk)